The supportive role of Oral Probiotics has been researched for more than 30 years. This extensive research has come to light mainly in the past 10 years revealing positive impacts for ear, nose and throat health, halitosis, candida, periodontal disease and tooth decay. This *interactive on demand webinar explores an emerging trend in oral health that can help influence and promote oral microbial balance to improve outcomes of periodontal disease, halitosis, caries and more.
Course Objectives: As an outcome of this course, the participant will be able to:
- Explain how a healthy oral microbiome is compromised.
- Evaluate the large body of scientific evidence in support of oral probiotics.
- List the specific pathogens targeted by various oral probiotic strains to guide you in your treatment plan recommendations for clients who suffer from periodontal disease, caries and halitosis.
- Identify a particular strain of oral probiotic that can help reduce the incidence of ear and throat infections.
- Differentiate between the types of Oral Probiotics available as well as their supportive role in disease prevention.
Presenter: Lorraine Gambacourt, RDH
Lorraine has been practicing Dental Hygiene since 1985. She has presented webinars of various topics. She is passionate about the Oral Systemic Connection and has been actively implementing protocols and strategies that promote oral health, reduce oral-systemic risk, and inspire medical/dental collaboration.
Disclaimers: As per ADA guidelines, participants must use caution when using limited knowledge in treating patients. It is always recommended to do further research.
CE Provider: Professional Learning Services, LLC (PLS)
PLS is an ADA CERP recognized provider (11/1/2021– 12/31/2025). ADA CERP is a service of the American Dental Association to assist dental professionals in identifying quality providers of continuing dental education. ADA CERP does not approve or endorse individual courses or instructors, nor does it imply acceptance of credit hours by state or provincial Boards of Dentistry.
PLS is designated as an approved Provider by the American Academy of Dental Hygiene, Inc (1/1-12/31/24). Approval does not imply acceptance by a state or provincial Board of Dentistry.
This webinar is designated for the CEUs as indicated. Check your state’s CE regulations for course acceptance.
*Interactivity provided with PLS’s Ask the Speaker feature included with recorded webinars.