PLS Policies, Terms and Conditions
1) Tuition refund:
a) Face to Face courses –
i) Tuition will be refunded less a $30.00 administrative fee if written notice is received 10 business days or more in advance of the scheduled course date. Alternatively, you may elect to receive the full value of the tuition paid in the form of a store credit valid for one year from the issue date.
ii) For cancellations with less than 10 business days’ notice but greater than 48 hours’ notice a store credit will be provided valid for one year.
iii) Full loss of tuition, including the opportunity for store credit, will result if you do not attend the course and did not provide the 48-hour notice.
iv) If you are sending someone to take your place you must notify us in advance otherwise, they will not be allowed into the course. Work out the finances with them.
b) Live Webinars –
i) In the event you are unable to attend a live webinar we will provide 3-day access to the on-demand version of the course if it was recorded, and we have permission to release it.
ii) No refunds or store credits will be provided.
c) On Demand Webinars –
i) On demand webinars are available on a subscription basis, for the period of time purchased. No refunds or store credits will be issued for the on-demand webinars.
d) Dental Hygiene Refresher Program (DHRP)-
i) Tuition will be refunded less a $600.00 administrative fee if written notice is received 30 business days or more in advance of the scheduled course date. Alternatively, you may elect to receive the full value of the tuition paid in the form of a credit that can be used to re-enroll in the program for up to one year after the scheduled course date.
ii) For cancellations with less than 30 business days’ notice PLS will hold a credit to use to re-enroll in the program for up to one year after the scheduled course date.
Refunds are made directly to whomever paid the tuition, less administrative fees.
a) State regulations vary on the acceptance of CEUs earned from out of state providers as well as CEU’s earned over the internet. Refer to your state’s regulations to determine if CEU’s earned by attending a PLS webinar count, in whole or in part, toward your CE requirement. Courses in the “Mandatory” category are mandatory in some states but may not be mandatory in all. Please review your state’s regulations.
b) After registering for a Webinar, you will receive a course confirmation with instructions on accessing the Webinar. We strongly recommend that you check the link immediately to verify it is working in order to minimize issues the day of the course.
c) The instructions include a link to sign in (like the sign in desk at a live course). Be sure to provide your first and last name exactly as you want it to appear on your CE verification form. A $10.00 administrative fee will be charged for correcting or replacing each CE verification form.
d) An on-line course evaluation will be available immediately upon course completion. This course evaluation must be completed and submitted to receive a CE verification form. CE verification forms are emailed immediately upon successful completion of the course evaluation and quiz (if any). Check spam if you don’t receive it.
e) Inability to join, view or participate in a webinar due to issues outside of PLS control such as User error, loss of internet access, unavailability of the webinar hosting service, computer or other technical failure prior to or during the course will be remedied as follows: PLS will provide access to a recording of the webinar or a link to a future webinar on the same topic at PLS’s discretion.
f) Materials presented in a PLS webinar are the intellectual property of the Presenter, PLS or both. Recording the seminar in any way is forbidden unless express written permission is given.
3) PLS reserves the right to change speakers, sites and/or how the educational content is provided as it deems necessary, for whatever reason.
4) PLS reserves the right to cancel or reschedule classes as it deems necessary, for whatever reason.
5) All tuition prices expire at the end of each season. Prices may be subject to change.
6) For STORM cancellation notice contact the event site/hotel. PLS may also post the notice under the course title in the course catalog.
7) PLS reserves the right to delay a seminar start time as it deems necessary, for whatever reason.
8) PLS may take photographs and/or video at any time, at any course for the purpose of marketing and/or developing educational content. Enrolling and/or participation in a PLS course is your explicit approval to utilize your image or any form of communication such as comments in an evaluation form in this way. If you disagree with this policy, send an email to email@example.com stating that you do not want your image used for this purpose.
9) Applicable Law: By visiting PLS.org, and/or registering for any of its services, you agree that the laws of the state of Florida, without regard to conflict of law principles, will govern any dispute of any sort that might arise between you and Professional Learning Services, LLC.
Praised for as being “professional, well organized and relevant,” PLS is an ADA CERP Recognized Provider and an American Academy of Dental Hygiene, Inc (AADH) CE Provider.