Almost 47% of North American adults experience some form of periodontal disease. In spite of our efforts to mange this disease, its incidence and prevalence have constantly increased during the past 3 decades making it the 12th most prevalent global pathology.
In order to make a positive impact we must evaluate our current methods of assessment and treatment, and make changes that can bring about improved treatment outcomes, as well as a reduction in systemic risk.
This *interactive on demand webinar addresses the question “So where does salivary testing fit in?”
Objectives: As an outcome of this course, the participant will be able to
- Explain the benefits of microbial analysis as a risk assessment tool.
- Describe some of the testing methods available.
- Identify various risk factors and assessment tools that will guide us in our treatment planning.
- Describe specific analogies that will assist our communication with clients to better understand their condition.
- List several non-invasive treatment modalities that address both the bacterial burden and inflammatory component of periodontal disease.
- Identify health strategies, products and modalities that can aid in the maintenance phase of treatment.
Original date: 1/30/2022, Expiry date: 1/29/2025
Speaker: Lorraine Gambacourt, RDH
Lorraine has been practicing Dental Hygiene since 1985. She has presented webinars of various topics. She is passionate about the Oral Systemic Connection and has been actively implementing protocols and strategies that promote oral health, reduce oral-systemic risk, and inspire medical/dental collaboration.
Disclosure: The presenter is a Clinical Coach for OraVital Inc.
CE Provider: Professional Learning Services, LLC (PLS)
PLS is an ADA CERP recognized provider (11/1/2021– 12/31/2025). ADA CERP is a service of the American Dental Association to assist dental professionals in identifying quality providers of continuing dental education. ADA CERP does not approve or endorse individual courses or instructors, nor does it imply acceptance of credit hours by state or provincial Boards of Dentistry.
PLS is designated as an approved Provider by the American Academy of Dental Hygiene, Inc (1/1-12/31/24). Approval does not imply acceptance by a state or provincial Board of Dentistry.
This webinar is designated for the CEUs as indicated. Check your state’s CE regulations for course acceptance.
*Interactivity provided with PLS’s Ask the Speaker feature included with recorded webinars.