This 3 part comprehensive review course is designed to assist the dental assistant. Course content and study guidance provide one of the many available resources to use for test preparation. Depending on the experience and knowledge of the participant, it is strongly recommended to use several resources to prepare for the exam.
- The Participant will:
- understand the physics of radiology
- identify the components and production of x-rays
- relate biology to radiation exposure
- recognize the importance of patient safety
- describe safety measures for the patient for radiation protection
- understand terminology related to radiology
- relate radiation exposure to patient and operator safety
- identify the benefits and disadvantages of digital vs film technique and exposure
- understand types of radiographic surveys related to patient selection
- identify the use and benefits of extraoral projections
- recognize components of processing and mounting film
- differentiate radiolucent and radiopaque oral structure
- understand the concepts of contrast and density
- identify dental, head and neck anatomy
- identify radiographic image exposure errors
- understand panoramic exposure and identify anatomy
- recognize 3D (cone beam) imaging
- evaluate different types of dental materials by degrees of radiopacity
- understand the importance of infection prevention
- identify common errors in processing film
- understand test taking strategies and apply it to the RHS exam
- take practice exam and self correct by using reference materials
Course Materials: Course handouts provided after registration.
- sample test questions
- study guide and web site references
- home study guide of dental and oral anatomy including anatomic landmarks
- guidance and support in the DANB exam application process
About the DANB Exam
Click on the link below or copy and paste to find out the latest information on the RHS exam
DANB.org or 800-367-3262
Check your state regulations or the DANB website ( https://www.danb.org/Meet-State-Requirements/State-Specific-Information.aspx ) for the requirements that apply to you.
Instructor: Barbara Sheerin, RDH, M. Ed. Professor of Radiology has decades of experience teaching radiology to dental assistants and dental hygienists at Colleges in Massachusetts. She is a gifted speaker with a unique teaching style that makes complex concepts easier to understand.
Disclaimers: Disclaimers: As per ADA guidelines, participants must use caution when using limited knowledge in treating patients. It is always recommended to do further research. articipants must be aware that there may be potential risks of using limited knowledge when incorporating techniques and procedures into practice when they have not received supervised clinical experience or demonstrate competency in taking radiographs (X-Rays). This course is strictly a guide to prepare for the RHS exam and does not guarantee results. PLS is not responsible for the the information provided by the Presenter. The information provided is based on the Presenter’s research, experience and opinion and is not necessarily that of PLS.
CE Provider: Professional Learning Services, LLC (PLS)
PLS is an ADA CERP recognized provider (11/1/2021– 12/31/2025). ADA CERP is a service of the American Dental Association to assist dental professionals in identifying quality providers of continuing dental education. ADA CERP does not approve or endorse individual courses or instructors, nor does it imply acceptance of credit hours by state or provincial Boards of Dentistry.
PLS is designated as an approved Provider by the American Academy of Dental Hygiene, Inc (1/1-12/31/24). Approval does not imply acceptance by a state or provincial Board of Dentistry.
This webinar is designated for the CEUs as indicated. Check your state’s CE regulations for course acceptance.
*Interactivity provided with PLS’s Ask the Speaker feature included with recorded webinars.