Representative comments on this course’s evaluations are: “This speaker and course is a must have for license renewal!” and “Clear and concise. Held my attention.”
Objectives: The participant will
- understand how local anesthesia works, indication for use and factors that might affect the level of local anesthesia obtained after the dental injection.
- identify various types of gently administered local anesthetic injections.
- name other options for anesthesia and pain control, both during and after dental visits.
- understand the many new technologies, techniques and formulations that are available, and being developed, in the field of dental pain and anxiety control.
- distinguish between pain and non pain relievers.
Original date: 12/02/22, Expiry date: 12/01/25
Presenter: Anthony Petito DDS, MD; received his DDS from the University of Maryland and his MD from the University of Connecticut. After completing an internship in General Surgery, he completed his residency in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, and a fellowship in Orthognathic and Reconstructive Jaw Surgery. He is board certified in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery and Dental Anesthesiology. He holds Fellowship status in The American College of Surgeons and The American College of Dentists. Dr. Petito served as Clinical Assistant Professor of Surgery at Brown Medical School, and the Chief of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery and Dentistry at The Miriam Hospital in Providence, Rhode Island. He retired from Hospital practice in 2016, after 18 years. He currently practices office based oral surgery, with emphasis on anesthesia, dental implantology, and oral medicine.
Disclaimers: As per ADA guidelines, participants must use caution when using limited knowledge in treating patients. It is always recommended to do further research.
CE Provider: Professional Learning Services, LLC (PLS)
PLS is an ADA CERP recognized provider (11/1/2021– 12/31/2025). ADA CERP is a service of the American Dental Association to assist dental professionals in identifying quality providers of continuing dental education. ADA CERP does not approve or endorse individual courses or instructors, nor does it imply acceptance of credit hours by state or provincial Boards of Dentistry.
PLS is designated as an approved Provider by the American Academy of Dental Hygiene, Inc (1/1-12/31/24). Approval does not imply acceptance by a state or provincial Board of Dentistry.
This webinar is designated for the CEUs as indicated. Check your state’s CE regulations for course acceptance.
*Interactivity provided with PLS’s Ask the Speaker feature included with recorded webinars.