This course is designed to assist the experienced dental assistant with course content and study guidance as one of the many resources available that may be used for test preparation. Depending on the experience and knowledge of the participant, in addition to this course, it is strongly recommended to use several resources to prepare for the exam.
Course Objectives: The participant will be able to:
- discuss the techniques of radiation exposure for extraoral and intraoral exposures
- identify technique/processing errors and discuss how to remedy the error
- describe safety measures for the patient and operator
- describe infection control measures that are necessary in the radiation exposure technique
- demonstrate basic knowledge of conventional film processing
- discuss mounting techniques and recognize normal anatomy on radiographs
- discuss patient management techniques
- describe test taking strategies for success
- perform a simulated examination using practice questions
course handouts provided with email confirmation upon registration.
- practice test questions
- study guide and web site references
- home study guide of dental and oral anatomy including anatomic landmarks
- guidance and support in the DANB exam application process
Tuition includes instruction, course materials, resources, light morning snack and lunch.
Speaker: Barbara Sheerin, RDH, M.Ed. has more than 35 years of experience in the dental hygiene field. Her career has been multifaceted including, clinical dental hygiene, dental hygiene educator, publisher and continuing education presenter. She has been a passionate member of ADHA since graduating from dental hygiene school and has served as President of the Massachusetts Dental Hygiene Association along with many other state and national officer positions. One of her proudest moments was working with the late Dr. Esther Wilkins to contribute a chapter in her book Clinical Practice of the Dental Hygienist. Barbara has received various awards such as the Johnson and Johnson Excellence in Dental Hygiene and Educator of the Year.
Quotes from her audiences:
"Very knowledgeable and compassionate speaker."
"Great audience interaction and energy."
"Very helpful during hands-on!"
"Learned several new tips to improve on."
"Very relaxed and easy to listen to."
"Answered all questions that everyone asked."
"I never heard her before, liked her sense of humor!"
Disclaimer: Participants must be aware that there may be potential risks of using limited knowledge when incorporating techniques and procedures into practice when they have not received supervised clinical experience or demonstrate competency in X-Rays. This course is strictly a guide to prepare for the RHS exam and does not guarantee results.