How can we provide safe and effective treatment when working with a medically compromised patient? Performing a through Medical risk assessment is a critical part of patient care. This course will review the basic guidelines for provider and team accountability. The discussion encompasses prevention, recognition of early warning signs and treatment of common medical emergencies in dental practice settings.
The participant will be able to:
1. understand the importance of prevention in medical emergencies
2. recognize early warning signs of medical emergencies
3. identify effective and efficient ways to respond and treat the most common dental office emergencies including:
· allergic reactions
· seizures and
· respiratory distress
4. recall pre-med protocol
5. identify first aid kit contents and use of oxygen
6. understand guidelines for a safe and healthy work environment in accordance with OSHA regulations,
assessment protocol and documentation
7. relate the importance of current CPR training to medical emergencies
Caution: Per ADACERP guidelines, participants are advised to use caution when applying new course information to their practice. Additional research is always recommended.
CPR: Basic Life Support & AED
This course is oriented to training the dental team and includes current techniques for all adult and pediatric victims and guidelines for:
• Rescue breathing
• AED (automated external defibrillation)
• CPR (first and second responder)
• Airway obstruction
Once registered you will receive an email confirmation and course handout. A CPR book, barrier mask and CE certificate are provided at the course. To request your CPR book be mailed at least two weeks in advance, please contact Joyce Turcotte, firstname.lastname@example.org, for arrangements and service and postage fees. No books will be mailed after that.
Enrollment is limited- advise early registration
Training is provided by AHA authorized experienced instructors with dental, medical or EMT backgrounds.
NEW AHA POLICY: CPR cards are NO longer mailed. E-cards will be emailed to individual email addresses. The e-card is active for two years. You will receive an email notice when your card is available to download.It may take up to 2 weeks. Please make sure you claim your card.
This course is also offered at your dental office or other meeting room setting. It also may be combined with other topics, such as Medical Emergencies, OSHA, Cultural Competency or HIPAA. These courses may be tailored to your group and CEUs are awarded. Contact PLS for information and arrangements: 203-261-2857 or email@example.com