Many states require a mandatory infection control course based on a dental setting, once in a license monitoring cycle. The federal government requires an annual OSHA/Infection control class. Check with your state for requirements and CE credit acceptance.
This *interactive on demand webinar promotes insight for employers and employees to understand potential risk and develop safety strategies essential to comply with OSHA guidelines. View this webinar to review mandated and update Hazmat guidelines which should already be implemented in your practice.
There is discussion of policies for record keeping and chemical safety. A description on what should be included in your office exposure control and post exposure plans will be included.
Course Objectives: Participants will:·
- distinguish areas of potential injury in the workplace.
- develop strategies to reduce the risk of injury and disease transmission according to OSHA and CDC guidelines.
- design and implement policies required for Exposure and Post Exposure Control Plans for their practice.
- report the Hazmat guidelines and how to implement them.
- review sterilization and lab areas, storage and disposal of PPE.
- recall the process of disease transmission and contaminated waste.
NOTE: PLS offers this class along with a mock inspection at your office in CT, and some areas of MA, NY, and RI. Please contact email@example.com for details.
Original date: 07/22/20, Review date: 4/18/23, Expiry date: 04/17/26
CE Provider: Professional Learning Services, LLC (PLS)
PLS is an ADA CERP recognized provider (11/1/2021– 12/31/2025). ADA CERP is a service of the American Dental Association to assist dental professionals in identifying quality providers of continuing dental education. ADA CERP does not approve or endorse individual courses or instructors, nor does it imply acceptance of credit hours by state or provincial Boards of Dentistry.
PLS is designated as an approved Provider by the American Academy of Dental Hygiene, Inc (1/1-12/31/24). Approval does not imply acceptance by a state or provincial Board of Dentistry.
This webinar is designated for the CEUs as indicated. Check your state’s CE regulations for course acceptance.
*Interactivity provided with PLS’s Ask the Speaker feature included with recorded webinars.